By C. Cook
Read Online or Download A Short History of the Liberal Party: The Road Back to Power PDF
Best political parties books
The 1896 Democratic nationwide conference at the same time proposed a notably new trajectory for American business enlargement, harshly repudiated its personal incumbent president, and rudely overturned the party's conventional local and social hierarchy. the eagerness that attended those judgements was once deeply embedded within the conventional alliances and understandings of the earlier, within the careers and futures of the party's so much trendy leaders and so much insignificant ward heelers, and within the own kinfolk of guys who had lengthy served jointly within the halls of Congress.
Going soiled is a historical past of destructive campaigning in American politics and an exam of ways applicants and political experts have hired this often-controversial method. The ebook comprises case reports on extraordinary races in the course of the tv period during which new damaging crusade thoughts have been brought, or latest strategies have been subtle and amplified upon.
Frederic C. Howe lived in fascinating occasions. via schooling (at Johns Hopkins within the early Eighteen Nineties) and intuition he used to be a innovative, within the most sensible feel of that time period. From the Cleveland of Tom Johnson to the Washington of FDR he “unlearned” his early predjudices and given values, but “under the ruins” of all of it he stored his idealism.
The presidential election of 1884, within which Grover Cleveland ended the Democrats' twenty-four-year presidential drought by way of defeating Republican challenger James G. Blaine, was once one of many gaudiest in American heritage, remembered this present day much less for its political importance than for the mudslinging and slander that characterised the crusade.
- Clientelism and Economic Policy: Greece and the Crisis (Routledge Advances in European Politics)
- New York State and the Rise of Modern Conservatism: Redrawing Party Lines
- Rethinking Hizballah: Legitimacy, Authority, Violence
- Videostyle in Presidential Campaigns: Style and Content of Televised Political Advertising (Praeger Studies in Political Communication)
- The American Political Party System: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues)
- The Democratic Party of Japan in Power: Challenges and Failures (Nissan Institute/Routledge Japanese Studies)
Extra resources for A Short History of the Liberal Party: The Road Back to Power