By Massimo Livi Bacci
- Central subject matters up-to-date and revised to take account of latest scholarship
- Includes new sections on theories of migration in pre-history
- Expands dialogue of low fertility premiums in constructing Asian and Latin American countries
- Fuller assurance of inhabitants and environmental swap, together with the results of weather change
- Bibliographic updates comprise weblinks to key clinical journals
Read Online or Download A Concise History of World Population PDF
Similar demography books
Thesis (M. A. ) from the yr 2005 within the topic Sociology - Social method, Social constitution, category, Social Stratification, grade: 1,7, http://www. uni-jena. de/ (Institut für Soziologie), sixty nine entries within the bibliography, language: English, summary: This paintings analyses the categorical structural features and improvement specialities of East Asian welfare states.
Winner, e-book Award, Associaton for Borderland experiences, 2008The U. S. and Mexican border areas have skilled quick demographic and monetary progress during the last fifty years. during this research, Joan Anderson and James Gerber provide a brand new point of view at the alterations and tensions pulling on the border from each side via a dialogue of cross-border financial matters and thorough analytical study that examines not just the dramatic demographic and monetary progress of the quarter, but additionally shifts in residing criteria, the altering political weather, and environmental pressures, in addition to how those have an effect on the lives of individuals within the border quarter.
Navigating Time and house in inhabitants experiences provides leading edge methods to long-standing questions about the diffusion of inhabitants and demographic habit throughout area and through the years. This assortment makes use of newly-available old information besides spatially and temporally specific analytical easy methods to review and refine center demographic theories and to pose new questions about mortality and fertility transitions, migration, urbanization, and social inequality.
For the reason that 1978, the hole up and reform in China has introduced great monetary and social adjustments. whereas China’s monetary development has been commendable, the social difficulties that flatter fiscal alterations have raised critical issues. a few of these issues are relating to gender, ethnic, exertions, and environmental concerns.
- La théorie du changement et de la réponse: Nouvelles perspectives de recherche sur la population et le développement (Prospective du développement) (French Edition)
- Interdependencies Between Fertility and Women's Labour Supply: 17 (European Studies of Population)
- From Lexington to Desert Storm: War and Politics in the American Experience (Columbia University Seminars)
- Frühbürgerliche Öffentlichkeit in Frankreich - Ein Vergleich der Ansätze von Jürgen Habermas und Richard Sennett (German Edition)
- The Ambiguous Multiplicities: Materials, Episteme and Politics of Cluttered Social Formations (Palgrave Pivot)
Extra resources for A Concise History of World Population